Governor Mark Award
Berkley School Governing Body receives National recognition for all their hard work by being awarded Governor Mark.
This award recognises the high quality of school governance, which was also recognised during the school’s last Ofsted inspection.
The assessment panel were particularly impressed with the Governors
- High level of engagement with school development planning particularly in relation to the school curriculum.
- Strong action by the Governing Body in strengthening R.E. and the religious character of the school
- The good levels of appropriate challenge and accountability brought by the governing body to the school and its leaders using data and engagement with school self- evaluation
- High level of trust between the Governing Body and the Head teacher which creates a culture that allows constructive challenge
- Good visits to the school by governors that assist in their deep understanding of the school
The Headteacher Carole Brautigam and Chair of Governors Les Stather is extremely pleased that the Governing Body has been recognised as being such an asset to the school. Les is very proud of the amount of time and effort all the governors have put into making Berkley school such a success and for gaining the award.